The Ann Arbor Fire Department responded to the carbon monoxide incident on Saturday

ANN ARBOR, me. – At 2:47 a.m. Saturday morning, Ann Arbor firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide incident outside Pioneer High School.

Overnight, caravans ran numerous generators and other trailers in the high school parking lot, officials said.

Firefighters checked the trailers with air monitors and removed the generators from each other and from nearby trailers.

The parked trailers were in town for the Michigan Wolverines soccer game on Saturday.

There were no injuries, but the situation could have been fatal, officials said on a social media post. Three men were killed by carbon monoxide exposure last summer at the Faster Horses Country Music Festival on Michigan International Speedway.

Fire department officials warned the community to keep generators outside and at least 4.5 meters away from other structures, and not to place them in groups.

Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.