Journalists Follow Leads on Curbing Violence, Improving Psych Care and Crowdsourcing Covid Safety
KHN’s Peggy Girshman fellow Amanda Michelle Gomez discussed how Washington, D.C., is adopting public health tools to help curb gun violence on Newsy’s “Morning Rush” on Wednesday.
- Click here to watch Gomez on “Morning Rush”
- Read Gomez’s “DC’s Harllee Harper Is Using Public Health Tools to Prevent Gun Violence. Will It Work?“
KHN interim Southern bureau editor Andy Miller discussed the shortage of beds at state psychiatric facilities on Newsy on Wednesday.
- Click here to watch Miller on Newsy
- Read Miller’s “Understaffed State Psychiatric Facilities Leave Mental Health Patients in Limbo“
KHN freelancer Morgan Gonzales discussed how vigilantes are crowdsourcing covid safety information about local businesses on Newsy on Tuesday.
- Click here to watch Gonzales on Newsy
- Read Gonzales’ “The Yelp of Covid: Vigilantes Crowdsource Pandemic Safety Tips for Consumers”
KHN (Kaiser Health News) is a national newsroom that produces in-depth journalism about health issues. Together with Policy Analysis and Polling, KHN is one of the three major operating programs at KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation). KFF is an endowed nonprofit organization providing information on health issues to the nation.
USE OUR CONTENT
This story can be republished for free (details).
Journalists Follow Leads on Curbing Violence, Improving Psych Care and Crowdsourcing Covid Safety https://khn.org/news/article/khn-on-air-curbing-violence-psychiatric-care-crowdsourcing-covid-safety/