Grand Rapids boys basketball rankings: Top 10 team pauses season for Covid-19 issues
Grand Rapids Christian kicked off the season taking first place in the boys’ basketball power poll in the Grand Rapids area.
However, the Eagles faced some challenges.
McDonald’s All-American suffered a broken wrist in a game against Catholic Central on February 20 and has not played since. The Eagles had to postpone two games last week and two more this week due to coronavirus issues.
However, Christian remains in the top 10:
1. Catholic Central (11-0) – The Cougars have not lost to a team from the Grand Rapids area since their fall against Grand Rapids Christian on December 17, 2019.
2. Zeeland East (10-0) – The Chix remain unbeaten after double-digit victories against Holland and Reeths-Puffer.
3. Forest Hills Northern (11-1) – The Huskies will win for the 10th consecutive year at the Byron Center tonight.
4. South Christian (10-2) – The Sailors won three games last week, all by 28 points or more.
5. Rockford (12-1) – The Rams won their seventh straight after beating Reeths-Puffer with 67-63 in triple overtime.
6. Grand Rapids Christian (8-2) – The Eagles hit the pause button during their season due to coronavirus issues, so today’s games (Forest Hills Central) and Thursday’s games (Northview) are over.
7. West Ottawa (9-2) – The Panthers have won four straight wins, staying one game behind Rockford at OK Red.
8. Unity Christian (10-2) – The Crusaders, unbeaten at OK Blue, have a big rematch with Coopersville at home tonight. Unity defeated Coopersville 83-78 earlier this season.
9. Godwin Heights (10-0) – The Wolverines won two close last week, beating Kelloggsville 64-60 and Covenant Christian 62-59.
10. Forest Hills Central (6-4) – The Rangers ‘games on Tuesday (Christian) and Thursday (Greenville) have been canceled due to their opponents’ problems with Covid-19. FHC has Wyoming Saturday.
Vote for Grand Rapids Player of the Week, March 1-6