East Lansing City Council may decide to set up a police oversight commission
LANSING, Mich. (WILX) – The City of East Lansing held a community input meeting on March 29th on police matters. The city council will make the final decisions on the establishment of a police oversight commission.
Here’s what the Police Oversight Commission could possibly do:
- Review of complaints
- Community initiated recommendations
- Be proactive and make recommendations
- Research and reporting information
- Make information available to the public
- public relation
- Establishing a cooperation and clear rules for the exchange of information
- Allocate appropriate resources
- A sensible step towards greater police accountability
A more detailed report on the proposed recommendations can be found in the following document.
Page 1 of the document(WILX)Page 2 of the document(WILX)
Copyright 2021 WILX. All rights reserved.