Beer Week begins Nov. 12 | Business
TRAVERSE CITY – The Beer Week in Traverse City starts on November 12th and lasts until November 19th.
The self-guided tour of regional breweries and restaurants uses a mobile “pass” (text and email to your smartphone) that lists the locations and incentives offered. Twenty-one companies in the counties of Benzie, Grand Traverse and Leelanau have registered for this year’s event.
Some breweries offer discounts on beer and food.
Customers have the option to receive a My Hoppy Place T-shirt from Traverse City Tourism if they visit at least five participating breweries during the week. Participants can track the websites they visit using their phone’s GPS.
Visitors staying at select hotels can win a Traverse City Beer-themed weekend that includes a $ 200 hotel voucher and other beer gifts.
“Traverse City was voted one of the best small-town brewery scenes in the country by USA Today readers,” said Trevor Tkach, tourism president of Traverse City, in a press release.
“Beer Week gives brewers the opportunity to show their creativity and spend time with customers to explain the passion that goes into their craft brews.”
Get the beer week pass at bit.ly/3lco0AQ. Further information about the event can be found at https://www.traversecity.com/tcbw/.
Participating companies are:
- Acoustic Taproom, 119 N. Maple, Traverse City.
- Blue Tractor Barbeque, 423 S. Union St., Traverse City.
- Terra Firma Brewery, 2959 Hartman Road, Traverse City.
- Earthen Ales, 1371 Gray Drive, Traverse City.
- Firefly Kitchen and Bars, 310 Cass St., Traverse City.
- Fresh Coast Beer Works, 120 S. Park St., Traverse City.
- Hofbräu Steak House & American Grille, 2784 M-137, Interlochen.
- Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant & Brewery, 13512 Peninsula Drive, Traverse City.
- Mackinaw Brewing Company, 161 E. Front St., Traverse City.
- Middlecoast Brewing Company, 329 E. State St., Traverse City.
- North Peak Brewing Company, 400 W. Front St., Traverse City.
- Rare Bird Brewpub, 229 Lake Ave., Traverse City.
- Reflect Bistro, 255 Munson Ave., Traverse City.
- Right Brain Brewery, 225 E. 16th St., Traverse City.
- St. Ambrose Cellars, 841 S. Pioneer Road, Beulah.
- Stone Hound Brewing Co., 3593 Bunker Hill Road, Williamsburg.
- Stormcloud Brewing Company, 303 Main St., Frankfurt.
- Tandem Ciders, 2055 N. Setterbo Road, Suttons Bay.
- The Workshop Brewing Company, 221 Garland St., Traverse City.
- Thistle Pub and Grille on Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville.
- Two K Farms, 3872 SW Bay Shore Drive, Suttons Bay.