Where to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the Ann Arbor Area
share on Facebook
ANN ARBOR, MI – St. Patrick’s Day celebrations will be a little different this year as local facilities try to schedule safe gatherings under COVD-19 restrictions.
Some bars have a limited number of guests to enjoy a beer or meal on Wednesday March 17th, while others offer specials. Bars and restaurants must limit their indoor dining capacity to 50% and guests must wear a mask unless they are eating or drinking.
Here are places to check out in the Ann Arbor area:
- Conor O’Neill’s at 318 S Main St. in Ann Arbor plans to offer Irish music, drinks and food on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 10:30 pm. The pub takes reservations for two hours. Ann Arbor City Council approved a road closure for outdoor seating near the pub. However, after several council members questioned the move because of the COVID-19 variants and a possible partisan culture that could lead to the spread of the virus, Mayor Christopher Taylor, who originally backed the closure to encourage outdoor eating, changed his Opinion and vetoed it.
- The Pretzel Bell at 226 S Main St. in Ann Arbor is celebrating Monday, March 15-21, with happy hour Monday through Thursday from 4pm to 6pm, including half entrees, draft beers and set menu cocktails. The restaurant also offers braised corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, corned beef slider, and lamb shepherd cake.
- McShanes Irish Pub at 2203 Ellsworth Road in Ypsilanti offers corned beef and cabbage, banger and mash, Irish pot pie and shepherd’s pie. Call to order 734-434-0494.
- Powell’s Pub at 625 N Huron St. in Ypsilanti offers the first 50 people a free shirt. Reserve a tent by calling 734-484-1484 or dine inside. The pub is open on Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Cleary’s Pub at 113 South Main St. in Chelsea has outdoor seating with corned beef and cabbage, Irish banger and mash, Irish stew in a bread bowl, and green beer. Musicians will also play bagpipes in the pub. Call 734-475-1922.
- The Zal Gaz Grotto Club is offering a take away meal of corned beef and cabbage on Wednesday March 17th. Pick up a meal for $ 15 from 4pm to 6pm or until they run out. Customers must call 734-663-1202.
- The Produce Station on 1629 S State St. in Ann Arbor will be selling a variety of items from March 16-18, including lamb and stew, shepherd’s pie, Irish potato with smoked bacon soup, and more. Order here or call 734-663-7848.
- Pure Roots at 3430 Washtenaw Ave. Ann Arbor will be giving out five gold tickets, valued at $ 1,000 each, when customers purchase a pre-roll box between March 10 and March 17. Golden tickets are randomly placed in one gram pre-roll boxes, each valued at $ 500 in cash and the other half in credit.
Read more from MLive:
A Buffalo chef brings his chicken wing experience to Ann Arbor
The self-driving robot delivery startup raises $ 4.2 million to expand in Ann Arbor
The mother-daughter duo has a dumpling pop-up in Ann Arbor