Firefighters called Ann Arbor High School about a carbon monoxide incident

ANN ARBOR, MI – Firefighters prevented a potentially fatal carbon monoxide incident at a high school this morning, officials said.

At around 2:47 a.m. on November 6, six Ann Arbor Fire Department fire engines were dispatched to Pioneer High School over a reported carbon monoxide incident.

Several overnight trailers were parked at the school for the upcoming University of Michigan football game, officials said, with generators running in close proximity to each other and to the trailers.

Pioneer High School, near Michigan Stadium, is a popular hangout for soccer games. The Wolverines were due to play the Indiana Hoosiers on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

Using air monitors, firefighters checked the trailers for carbon monoxide and moved the generators a safe distance from the trailers, officials said.

No injuries were reported in the incident, which could have been fatal if left unchecked, officials said.

A similar event resulted in the deaths of three men and the hospitalization of two more men at the Faster Horses Festival on July 17, Ann Arbor fire officials said in a statement posted on Facebook.

RELATED: You forged lifelong bonds on a high school football field. Then an “accident” at Faster Horses claimed their lives.

Firefighters advised anyone using a generator to keep the equipment outdoors and at least 4.5 m from buildings, and not to place generators in groups.

More about MLive:

Crime stoppers offer rewards for information about missing woman in Flint. at

Panicked crowd at Houston Astroworld Festival kills at least 8 people and injures dozen others

Pilot dies in plane crash in Clare County

Comments are closed.